Warrington Borough Council is an innovative and forward thinking local authority that is going through a period of fast-paced transformation as it seeks to continue deliver first-class customer focussed services in a challenging financial climate. The council is seeking a Senior Internal Communications Officer to support this transformation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Council’s internal communications function to help facilitate the changes as part of a wider communications team.
You will provide communications and engagement advice to senior colleagues and elected members on a wide range of issues. You will work closely with teams and departments from across the organisation to help embed the changes and best practice. You will display the necessary leadership and management skills coupled with a natural facilitative approach to be an effective part of a high-performing team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and deliver a professional and proactive internal communications and engagement service that helps the council achieve its objectives
• Enhance and protect the reputation of the council and its brand with colleagues
• Create and foster opportunities to work with key internal teams
• Provide relevant advice and support to colleagues across the organisation especially the executive board and elected members.
You will have:
• A track record of effective internal communications experience
• Significant experience of working closely alongside communications colleagues from different disciplines
• Proven and demonstrable management skills
• Experience of providing evidence of effective communications and engagement activity.