Skylab has an awesomely talented team, a great culture and has digital innovation at its core.
We are looking for an experienced senior developer with sys admin experience to join the team and play a leading role in developing both the coding team and our websites, apps and cloud based infrastructure projects for clients. This role will be a mix of:
- Architecting solutions
- Hands-on development
- Mentoring the team and setting standards and processes
The senior developer will understand the concepts of service-oriented architecture, dependency injection and will have ideally used this in a commercial application. Additionally, practical experience of test driven development will be beneficial.
Experience of using an MVC framework is critical, as we use the Symfony PHP framework, both 1.x and 2.x.
Experience of WordPress and ExpressionEngine will also be useful (but not critical), as we use these CMSs to drive some of our clients websites.
The developer will be expected to show experience in and around the following topics:
- Development cycle, processes and tools
- Quality assurance
- Software architecture
- Core skills will include:
- PHP 5
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
Highly desirable skills include:
- Symfony 1.x and 2.x
- Doctrine 2
System administration, particularly of cloud infrastructure is highly advantageous:
- Experience configuring and maintaining LAMP servers (particularly Ubuntu)
- The ability to design infrastructure solutions on AWS:
- Cloud Front
- Route 53
- The ability to maintain infrastructure
- An understanding of Continuous Integration
Competitive salary, depending on experience.