THE MARKET CREATIVE
We’re The Market Creative. As a strategic retail and brand consultancy, we’re experts in driving shoppers to your brand and influencing them to act when they get there. We know shoppers. We understand them. And we ‘get’ all things shopping. Like branding. Instore communication. Omni-channel marketing. Packaging design.
The entire journey.
Because of who we are, we can help you develop a seamless approach to the brand experience through all
available shopper touch points. From the very first itch to buy, right through to the moment a product is placed in a basket in the real or virtual world. We’re pioneers in shopper thinking and we have created our own unique set of tools which, alongside our combined 150+ years of combined retail and brand consultancy experience, can help you make big decisions, grow brand equity and deliver business results.
We’re looking for a copywriter who can really add value to our creative department, has an exceptional passion and a real thirst for innovation in the emerging content marketing world. You will need a minimum of 5 years experience working. Experience in TV scriptwriting, Video, Radio, Press, DM, Digital – right through to brochure and instore POS.
As a Copywriter working at the Market Creative, you will be expected to:
• Develop conceptual ideas, both in a team working with Graphic Designers and Art Directors, and
• Write engaging, persuasive copy for print, digital and broadcast media.
• Develop and/or follow established tones of voice in copy for a range of clients and markets.
• Edit and proofread your own copy before publication and proof read any copy supplied by clients or other third parties for publication
• Take an active part in briefing sessions both in the agency and on clients’ premises
• Present your conceptual ideas to the agency team and, where necessary, to clients.
• Liaise with Account Management teams and clients to integrate feedback into written work
• Carry out any necessary background reading and research to understand the audience, the market and the
creative challenge for each job
• Work pro-actively and to any internal and external deadlines specified
Desired Skills and Experience
• excellent self-motivation
• 5 years agency experience
• commercial awareness
• ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• good team-working skills
• administrative and organisational skills
• attention to detail
• accuracy – both in terms of grammar and information – adverts must not be misleading
creativity, and ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
In return you’ll receive
1. Competitive package commensurate with experience
2. Chance to enter Employee of the Year and win a trip of a lifetime to New York.
3. Holiday on your birthday
4. Be part of the Annual European team building trip – this year its Amsterdam.
5. Career Progression planning
6. Access to our Learning Academy
Salary depending on experience