(This is a Full-time vacancy, however, if you are a freelancer you can still apply to be one of our Trusted Freelancers – see application instructions)
Location Leeds (Kirkstall Road) – LS3 1JL
Hours of Work 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm when editing.
Annual Leave (includes Bank Holidays) 28 days (flexible up to 33 days with pro-rata salary deduction)
Pension Contribution to a pension from Jan 2017
Application Deadline 8th October 2015
For further information www.revolutionviewing.co.uk/careers
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 21 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 60 UK universities and leading brands such as Barclays, Carphone Warehouse and Taylor Wimpey keep coming back for more!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to lead our video team. You will:
• Be the senior Camera Operator and editor at RV. Working closely with our Video Director both on location and in the office.
• Be involved at all stages of the creative process, from initial interpretation of the client brief, to having input on the storyboard/treatment, creating a visual style, shooting on location, managing the media and producing the final edit.
• Have creative flair. This is essential. We want you to bring fantastic ideas to the table, as a company we are proud of the fact that RV gives its technical and creative team members the space to be creative and propose innovative solutions.
• Ensure the company equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose.
• Keep up to date with new technology within this and other related industries, consider the impact new tech will have on the working methods at RV and ultimately our offering to clients. Advise the Board of Directors on future equipment purchases.
• Be able to offer advice to our 2 existing video editors and our 2 camera operators. You add further value by helping to coach and improve the techniques used by these 4 team members.
• Be willing to work on location. This will often involve staying away in hotels with the video crew. Expenses paid for by the company. Work from the RV office when not on location.
Key Skills, Job Tasks, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training to reach the required skill level, this will be reflected in the salary we will offer the successful candidate:
- Expert at editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- You will have good knowledge of Adobe After Effects & Photoshop
- You will have expert knowledge of operating video cameras (RV owns 6 Canon 5D Mk2s, 1 Sony FS7 with Odyssey 7+ and lots of Canon L Series glass). If you haven’t used Mk2s or FS7s previously, training can be provided.
- You need to have a great understanding of composition & 3 light set-ups for interviews.
- Extensive portfolio of impressive commercial projects serving as examples of both your high quality camera operation and edit skills.
- Great journalistic understanding of video and narrative. You quickly get to grips with the message a client is trying to convey and you can develop that story during the edit.
- Previous experience working within a digital agency or video production company is preferred.
- Proven experience delivering multiple projects within tight timescales.
- Able to use both Macs and PCs.
- A real passion for film making and a desire to push boundaries and deliver the best possible visual content.
- Well organised and have the ability to self-manage and to work autonomously, but know when to ask for help or advice.
- Experience of using specialist rigs such as Movi, Ronin, jibs/cranes is not essential but will help your application.
- Non-smoking applicants are preferred as we can’t accommodate smoking breaks.
8 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing:
1. We produce award winning digital media products.
2. Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
3. Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
4. Every 3 months we have a team meal, on the company.
5. Holiday loyalty scheme.
6. Appraisals. Each member of the team has an appraisal twice a year.
7. We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
8. We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values:
1. Respect for people
2. Veritable & fun working environment (contribution to)
3. Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
4. Honesty & integrity
5. Innovative & dynamic
6. Passion & pride (in all we do)