SENIOR BACK END DEVELOPER
McCann Campus, Prestbury
Due to our continued digital growth we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Backend Developer to work across our key clients.
• As a Backend Developer you will work “hands on” in an Agile team, programming strategically sound, architecturally robust, web or interactive technical solutions.
• With a keen interest in new technologies and techniques, you will be passionate about the industry and have a proactive approach to problem solving.
What you’ll need
• Several years’ experience as a .NET Developer, working across both server side and client side technologies
• Educated to degree level or equivalent with formal computing/programming qualification/s
• Demonstrable experience of applying appropriate design patterns and frameworks to ensure code quality
• Experience of working in an Agile, fast paced team
• Knowledge of automated build and continuous integration processes
• C# or PHP and SQL Server is essential
• Knowledge of jQuery, XHTML, HTML5, CSS & XML framework would be beneficial
• Experience of Mono, node.js and Require JS would also be beneficial but is not essential
• Passion for emerging technologies and enthusiasm to keep up-to-date and cascade knowledge to wider teams
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex technological solutions to non-technical people
In Return, we offer
• As well as offering the opportunity to join our prestigious agency working with a range of clients whose names appearing on your portfolio will allow you to continue working at this level, we can offer a vibrant, innovative team that constantly look to push the boundaries of what can be achieved.
• A competitive financial and benefits package and ideally suited to those who enjoy pursuing personal career development.
• The opportunity to work within the largest integrated agency in the UK, in stunning surroundings, with specialist departments including, animation, video production, planning, digital creative and development and social media.
• An outstanding working environment that really is hard to beat. Based on a 9 acre site the four main buildings form a campus that includes a subsidised Bistro, free car parking, free access to an onsite gym and an outdoor heated pool (for when the weather gets warmer!).
What should you do next?
Another fantastic opportunity to join the McCann Manchester team so if you have the above skills and experience and you’re looking for a great place to work then we would love to hear from you.