The Skinny, the North’s largest entertainment and listings magazine has established itself as the voice of Northwest culture to the 18-35 year old market across Manchester and Liverpool since our launch in April 2013. Following three exciting and successful years we are now expanding to include Leeds and engage with a new audience in West Yorkshire. As of September 2016 The Skinny North will increase to 38,000 copies per issue covering Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester. We are also doing big things digitally; in the last year we have invested in our digital offering and have launched a newly designed website. To complement the core team and further drive the business’ expansion, we are now looking to grow our sales team and are on the hunt for a talented executive based in either Leeds, Liverpool or Manchester.
The right candidate will be:
* Dynamic, with strong relationship building skills
* Determined, ambitious and target driven
* Able to work well under pressure and to deadline
* Have a keen sense of culture with an awareness of events in the North and beyond
In particular the candidate should have:
* Experience in professional sales, with a minimum one year’s accountable track record across print and digital media
* A strong understanding of the media environment in the UK, especially that which targets trend-setting audiences
* Proficient computer literacy
* An enthusiastic and friendly attitude
The role will involve:
* Cold calling and sourcing new business
* Creative, pragmatic problem solving
* Developing long term media partnerships
* Creating and selling customised packages in The Skinny, www.theskinny.co.uk, The Skinny ZAP! and ad-hoc bespoke publications
* Thinking on your feet and tailoring The Skinny’s offering to a wide reaching localised and national client base
The Skinny prides itself on being forward thinking, supporting emerging talent and developing strong relations across the North – we hope that you would share these ideals and have the skills to develop our business further.
If you think you have what it takes to join North’s leading culture and listings magazine, are keen to make the role your own, and become part of an ever expanding team and strong creative community then we would love to hear from you.