This well-respected public affairs consultancy has an opening in their team for a Research Consultant / Consultant.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of accounts for property and development clients, including those from the residential, retail, energy and transport sectors.
Candidates must be politically astute with a good knowledge of local politics, as well as an interest in and understanding of national current affairs. A public affairs, communications, stakeholder engagement or public relations background would be desirable.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• The ability to manage multiple projects
• The ability to work under pressure and meet often demanding deadlines
• Excellent written and communications skills, as well as an ability to get on with people
Experience of working in the property and planning sector, or the political arena, such as for a Government department, political party, Local Authority or an MP, would be a distinct advantage.
Responsibilities will include:
• Political research and media monitoring
• Engaging with residents and community stakeholders in written correspondence, on the phone and face-to-face
• Day to day drafting of a variety of documents, including research reports, communications materials, press releases and meeting reports
• Organising and managing events
• Handling press enquiries
• Managing campaigns and engagement strategies
In return you will work within a talented team of public affairs professionals in a well-established and well-respected consultancy with excellent career and personal development opportunities.