deltatre has been established for over 27 years with staff in Turin, London, Manchester, Paris, Geneva, Munich, Portland, Miami, Mumbai and Sydney. deltatre has experience at the highest level of international sport; always striving for the next level of interaction, we consider the future of global sport engagement to be multi-platform and social. Today, the greatest sport events on earth are more immersive, collaborative and inclusive thanks to our cutting edge technologies. Sport fans become an active part of the event, connecting socially and sharing their passion wherever they are. By harnessing our experience, technical and creative skills and passion for sport, deltatre is always one step ahead.
Major clients and events include UEFA (UEFA Champions League and Euro Championships); FIFA (World Cup Finals Korea and Japan 2002, Germany 2006, South Africa 2010, Brazil 2014); IRB (Rugby World Cup 2007 & 2011), IAAF (World Athletic Championships and Series); the BBC, Channel 4, ITV, BSKYB, PLP and LOCOG. The Company Headquarters is in Turin, Italy. The group has a permanent staff of 450+ plus a further 100+ part-time staff for specific event functions.
Since 2011 the Manchester office has played an increasingly important role in deltatre. From here a team of full and part-time staff support BBC Sports TV, data and digital output across a variety of shows and sports including the FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championships, Wimbledon Tennis Championships, Rugby League’s Superleague, 2012 Olympic Games, 2014 Commonwealth Games, coverage of the Premier League with Football Focus, Final Score and Match of the Day and most recently, the FA Cup.
The role of Project Manager reflects the growth of the company, and is a fantastic opportunity for a positive, energetic individual to work on some of the most inspiring projects in global sport.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The role required is based out of our Manchester office and will primarily be focused on Project Management within the existing Onstage projects across the company. The Onstage side of the business is focused on offering clients TV broadcast graphic solutions, which includes on screen TV graphics, augmented and virtual reality, touchscreens, data gathering and data management. The Onstage pillar is complimented by two other pillars of the business, Online and Backstage.
The role of the Project Manager is to be day to day point of contact for the client to ensure their needs are met within project requirements, deadlines and budget. You will be responsible for scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the successful delivery of specific data and graphics projects. The project manager is also responsible for producing monthly project reports both internally and externally and being involved in operations. U.K and some overseas travel will be required from time to time.
The Project Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• All aspects of project management and delivery, sometimes for multiple projects.
• Scheduling for all full time, part time and freelance staff working on the projects.
• Project Documentation.
• On site Operations.
• Recruitment and Training.
• Travel and Logistics.
• Maintaining budget and capacity.
• Liaising with third parties in the delivery of the project.
• Contributing ideas for the furthering of the company and contributing to company strategy when necessary.
• Experience in the TV broadcast sector.
• Management experience both of technologies and personnel.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn deltatre technology.
• Knowledge and understanding of VizRT graphics platform.
• A solid understanding of Microsoft Project and other Microsoft technologies (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Confident in presenting to senior stakeholders – both in the context of project management and/or in the sales process.
• Change request management and documentation as and when required.
• Strong knowledge of Sport, especially Football, both domestic and European.
• Approachable and diplomatic.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Conflict resolution in a positive and timely manner.
• Influencing abilities – client, stakeholders and staff.
• Educated to degree level.
• Certification in Project Management Prince 2 or Agile desirable – but understanding of project management principles essential.
• Full and clean driving licence.
• Fluency in languages other than English is an advantage, but not essential.