Our client, an award winning consumer goods manufacturer, is looking for a highly motivated Product Management professional to play a critical role in the continued development & success of their business.
The profile we seek is a Product Manager from the consumer goods/retail environment who is ideally already operating/had experience of operating at a senior level. The role objective is to take full responsibility for developing and implementing product strategies and plans that support the product portfolio’s commercial objectives.
This is a full mix role and a superb opportunity for an accomplished product manager to join a business with brand loyalty & product differentiation at its core. Reporting to the Managing Director this position requires a professional with the gravitas & track record of maximising consumer brands and taking new & existing products to market through a variety of traditional & new channels.
The major driver with this role is for it to maximise the profitability of existing products, ensuring successful market penetration by creating value propositions that reflect real market & customer requirements with clear commercial benefits.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for the inception and creation of product marketing and the co-ordination of marketing activities for the new and existing products in the portfolio. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products and will conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
• Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
• Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
• Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
• Market intelligence – be the expert on your potential customers and competitors
• Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
• Consumer Product Manager experience – in particular taking new products to customers in a mature market
• Strong commercial acumen with the ability to manage the combination of commercial objectives and customer requirements
• Proven presentation skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Self motivation and enthusiasm to learn
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Responsive to change, flexible, and willing to support colleagues
You must be confident, highly organised and adaptable. You will have excellent communication and relationship building skills and will work closely with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to gain commitment to future product marketing strategy & most importantly ongoing implementation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a consumer marketer to take the lead in driving the product manager for a market leading business that is investing heavily in new product development and new channels to market. This is a consumer success story that continues to grow and will offer the right candidate the opportunity to both expand their skills and gain visibility at board level.