WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a highly organised and commercially astute Producer / Director with a passion for all things film to join our growing Film team.
Based at our offices in Leeds, you will have a proven track record of producing and delivering brand, marketing and corporate films. You’ll be an established film professional and creative thinker, with a strong understanding of end-to-end live action production, motion graphics/animation post-production, and have a showreel to match.
With excellent interpersonal communication skills and meticulous attention to detail, you’ll have the necessary production expertise and knowledge to act effectively and decisively in order to deliver against a client’s brief and achieve their ambitions, on time and on budget.
Above all, you’ll be a strong team player who motivates colleagues, assures clients, and has the ambition to drive Vista Film’s offer forward and work with some of the world’s best-known brands.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Work with colleagues or under your own initiative to create engaging film treatments, and produce commercially astute and accurate costs that meet the client’s brief and achieve their ambitions
• Efficiently and effectively produce video projects from initial briefing through to final supply, including overseeing shoots, post-production editing, graphics and visual effects.
• Ensure projects across pre-production, production, direction and post-production are appropriately planned and resourced while ensuring budgets are maintained and client expectations are met
• Source production materials, freelancers, and manage shoots and crews of all sizes within a given budget, negotiating on fees wherever possible to keep costs to a minimum
• Execute music and voiceover selection, logistics, licensing and film permissions for location work
• As a senior member of the team, communicate ideas and concepts with colleagues, networking, sharing knowledge and innovations in order to continually drive forward the quality and creativity of the team’s output while adopting our core values on a day-to-day basis
• Confidently take briefs and present responses to clients and colleagues alike, looking to identify and seize opportunities to up-sell Film team / Studio services and the wider company’s offering
• Inspire, encourage, support and mentor junior members of the team and support clients and colleagues across the business as a trusted advisor for film
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
• An experienced Senior Producer and Director with drive, positivity and professionalism. You’ll have a proven track record of successfully producing and directing complex film projects on brief, on time and on budget
• Excellent understanding of production and post-production workflows with a full understanding and working knowledge of all software used within the department, file formats and shooting equipment
• Commercially astute and highly organised with the ability to solve problems, multitask, think logically and decisively in order to efficiently plan, delegate and adapt in a challenging, fast-paced creative environment
• An outstanding communicator with excellent interpersonal and client-facing presentation skills, who’s confident in challenging a brief to ensure client expectations are achieved within budget
• A creative thinker with a willingness to challenge the status quo in order to achieve the client’s ambitions while remaining commercially aware
• A strong empathetic team player with drive and ambition to support the team in achieving its commercial objective and creative ambitions
• Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, excellent attention to detail, computer literacy and project management skills
• A skilled diplomat who can influence and negotiate with tact while maintaining a cool headed, flexible and supportive approach when under pressure
• A relationship builder with strong industry awareness and the ability to build effective relationships at all levels of business, with clients, and throughout the production process.
• A diligent and highly conscientious individual with a passion for all things film and willingness to work unsociable hours when necessary (including occasional weekends) in order to meet deadlines
• Self-shooting skills preferred but not essential, with good experience and examples; from pieces to camera interviews to more sophisticated corporate productions