An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PR & Social Manager to join the Marketing Team of a well-known, award winning, family run national retailer.
Based in their Lancashire offices, you will be report to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for planning and delivering all consumer and trade PR through both traditional and digital channels, along with social media activity. Co-ordinating plans with the marketing team, product, retail and web teams to ensure seamless multichannel marketing campaigns.
The PR & Social Manager will work closely with the Marketing Manager to support and deliver an integrated PR and social strategy to meet the businesses marketing, product and retail objectives. There will be a focus on delivering tangible results.
• Creating the annual PR and social plan working with the marketing manager
• Deliver innovative PR campaigns with intelligence and integrity.
• Build and develop a strong network of media contacts with perseverance to positively drive PR activity
• First point of contact for all media enquiries and responsible for streamlining communication efficiency
• Management of our PR agency
• Seek out and drive proactive stories and coverage around key projects/products.
• Develop social media strategies and execute day to day running working with Marketing Assistant
• Event management including leading press days/launches, brand partnerships and local Store events.
• Build and develop pro-active working relationships with brand partners
• Build internal relationships with stakeholders and stores to centralise process and raise visibility of activity and results.
PR & SOCIAL MANAGER KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to be creative and an independent thinker that uses initiative to identify new ideas and angles
• Social media savvy.
• Excellent writer & communicator.
• Keen collaborator to work as part of a close team and a desire to lead by example
• Creative and results driven.
• Organised and efficient with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to interpret and translate results in a meaningful way
• Confidence in managing external suppliers/agencies.
• Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritising.
• Fantastic problem solver that can see the end result.
• Ability to nurture strong relationships internally and externally to increase brand visibility and the success of PR and social activity will be essential
• To thrive you will need a passion for retail
• A good understanding of customer needs,
• Creative and opportunistic attitude and high commercial awareness.
• Be adaptable and reactive to align with changing needs of a retail business.
• A knowledge of the jewellery and products that we sell (supported by in-house training)
• Previous consumer and trade PR experience across both traditional and new media is essential.
For more information and to register with Black Cherry recruitment, please contact Helen Salt on Helen@blackcherryrecruitment.co.uk or 0161 228 7239