An amazing opportunity with a fast growing, international fashion retailer based in Manchester, for a talented PR & Social Media Manager to oversee both the UK and overseas markets.
Your role will be to provide strategic and tactical support to the Marketing Manager in the day-to-day management of integrated PR and social media activity. This will involve:
– managing and building effective working relationships with UK and overseas PR agencies
– working with the Marketing team to ensure that all PR is communicated across multi-channel
– drafting statements and responding to media inquiries
– drafting, editing and disseminating press releases and other relevant PR materials
– building on existing media relationships while creating new contacts (long-lead and short-lead, mainstream media, trade and blogs) to secure positive coverage
– securing product placement in all key media to drive sales through PR agencies
– driving all market specific key fashion news stories in line with the UK team
– creating and implementing a content plan for each social channel and territory
– working on initiatives to achieve growth targets for each social media channel and to drive traffic to the site through each channel
– managing and further developing the blogger outreach programme
– liaising with Buying and Merchandising teams to ensure that correct product is being communicated across all territories
– managing PR Shots as well as the process of ensuring all samples are shot as still imagery for press usage
– monitoring and reporting on competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events and opportunities
– developing strong relationships with all relevant UK brand PR’s
– managing and executing PR events with external agencies and UK team
– working to proactively build on the favourable reputation of the brand with target audiences, aligning all communications with corporate brand positioning
– suggesting ideas and initiatives to drive customer growth and brand awareness in UK markets
You will be an experienced PR Manager with excellent commercial social media knowledge. Your experience will have been gained working within the fashion industry, within a fashion related business, or for a fashion specialist PR agency. You will have demonstrable experience of creative thinking and ideas generation, and of creating a positive impact on business through PR and communications strategy.
The role requires a pro-active, can do attitude and approach, with proven ability to delegate and manage workloads across a range of internal and external support teams. You will have proven experience in creating and delivering PR and social strategy for UK and International markets. Strong presentation & superb writing skills are essential.
This is a superb opportunity to take on a high profile role within an established, and ambitious fashion business as they expand globally.