Job title: Consumer PR and Outreach Executive
Salary: £20k -£22k
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm
What’s the role about it?
Joining the newly created PR team, your role will be to support the Head of PR & Communications and Outreach Manager in implementing the communications strategy with a view to delivering column inches, driving brand awareness and creating engaging content that can be used across ao.com’s own brand channels.
What will my responsibilities be?
• Handling the daily proactive and reactive media relations with national & consumer press as well as online media and bloggers , developing and maintaining key relationships
• Creating and distributing compelling PR materials across all target channels
• Promoting / selling-in news stories and features to the media (this might include weekend work)
• Running product placement campaigns- product pings / ringrounds / sell-ins
• Managing the press office twitter feed, engaging influencers online
• Undertaking press visits to media in London
• Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
• Monitoring the media on a daily basis identifying opportunities to promote the business
• Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
• Commissioning market research to drive both content and news stories
• Planning and organising events for media and bloggers
• Developing strong internal relationships to drive story trawling and create support for your campaigns
• Looking for new ways to engage consumers with the ao.com story
• Staying abreast of trends and techniques in the creation of engaging communications
• Online SEO / outreach relationship building / networking
• Outreach implementation
• Outreach outcomes monitoring and recording
• Manage and drive social amplification of outreach / AO Life content
• Run and contribute to the cooking channel on AO Life, managing contributors and content
• Become the internal expert on all things cooking related and network with influencers in this field
What skills do I need to have?
• At least two years’ PR experience in a fast paced PR environment gained either in-house or in agency
• Currently inhouse or senior account executive / junior account manager in an agency
• Great writing skills and an eye for a good story
• Good national media contacts
• Strong selling-in skills
• A strong creative streak
• Experience of working on food and retail PR campaigns for national consumer brands
• Strong admin capabilities.
• Brimming with exciting, fresh ideas surrounding life-style campaigns and an attention to detail.
• Previous involvement in or management of major press events
• Strong consumer media contacts.
• An understanding of content marketing
• Ideally run your own blog