Oakbase Integrated Marketing – PR Account Director
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR Account Director within an expanding integrated agency.
Based in Wilmslow, the PR Account Director will have the opportunity to lead on a varied B2B and B2C portfolio of retail, manufacturing, and food and drink clients – and grow the business.
Oakbase Integrated Marketing is looking for a creative person with proven experience across PR, digital and social, and events and experiential. The candidate needs to be able to quickly assess a client’s needs and brand image and devise a strategy to support their objectives. In addition, the person needs to have a strong track record in delivering stand-out campaigns – especially across digital channels – to engage with target audiences and get people talking.
To be considered for the role the candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ agency account director experience with hands-on expertise producing digital strategy and content, social media campaigns and generating new business. The person must also have well established media and blogger relations with excellent knowledge of social media and its use within wider integrated campaigns.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Researching and writing client strategies (encompassing wider marketing channels) across digital and traditional channels
• Managing client account teams
• Managing clients and building long-term relationships
• Cross selling Oakbase’s wider integrated marketing disciplines
• Researching and writing press releases, blog content, social media posts, general web copy, copy for brochures, leaflets and copywriting to support Oakbase’s wider marketing team
• Developing crisis PR management protocols specific to client’s needs
• Leading strategic client meetings
• Overseeing the development and managing of events on behalf of clients
• Responsible for invoicing and setting and maintaining revenue targets
• Maintaining accurate records and files of all activities including timesheets and job sheets
• Supervising members of staff
• A key role in developing the agency including marketing and business development (lead generation)
• Play a full role in pitches and presentations
This role requires a person who is able to think creatively and strategically. The PR Account Director needs to be multi-disciplined to help grow opportunities within web and app design, lead generation, content, social and consultancy. A commitment to the job is a must and a willingness to travel and work flexibly when required.
Qualifications and skills required:
• Detailed practising knowledge of role of PR and wider marketing channels
• Solid experience at account director level gained from working in an established agency
• Extensive experience of working on a varied portfolio of campaigns across multiple industries and sectors
• Experience leading strategic B2B and B2C communications programmes
• Ability to write winning and creative proposals, programmes, plans and other strategic documentation
• Strong media contacts across national, regional, local and trade media outlets
• Digitally-savvy with experience of working on digital campaigns
• Demonstrated experience in social media, digital marketing and online research
• Skilled at mentoring and developing junior members of the team
• First-class presentation skills
• Excellent client handling skills
• Proven record in crisis management