12 months fixed term contract (maternity cover)
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional and confident PR professional to join our multi-award winning housing organisation. Working in a fast moving Marketing and Communications Team, you will be responsible for coordinating all media and social media activity to protect and enhance an already strong reputation and profile.
You will provide reputational advice and training to senior colleagues on a wide range of issues and will work closely with teams from across the organisation to identify, develop and issue compelling media releases.
A skilled and creative copy-writer, strong journalistic background with a track record of managing the media, you will have an intuitive news sense and be a natural communicator, able to develop long lasting professional relationships with journalists.
You will be digitally savvy and have experience in managing social media channels on behalf of an organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identifying, researching and producing pro-active PR opportunities to position Salix Homes and enhance its reputation in line with the its objectives and priorities
• Protecting Salix Homes’ reputation by providing a press office service, managing and responding to media enquiries, news articles/ items, government and regulator announcements and other external events.
• Management and development of the organisation’s growing social media platforms as key channel to engage and influence customers and stakeholders.
• Production of news and information for internal stakeholders
You will have:
• Proven extensive experience in proactive and reactive PR with a degree or equivalent in journalism or PR
• An intuitive news sense and track record of securing positive and targeted coverage
• Proven experience in the management maintenance of social media platforms
• Ability to persuade and advise senior managers on a course of action in a highly pressurised environment
• Excellent copy writing skills to a range of different audiences
If you would like to apply please review the Job Role Profile and complete the application form with reference to the applicants guide as we do not accept CV’s. Please send completed applications to the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org