Are you a commercially savvy, highly motivated and results-driven PR Account Manager seeking a new challenge? If so, Fig Creative would like to meet you.
We’re on the hunt for a talented PR professional with a passion for story-telling to join our growing team in Glossop. Working across an enviable portfolio of B2B and B2C clients you’ll be a headline grabber and reputation guarder, developing creative stories to drive media engagement with a responsibility for delivering exceptional client management.
You’ll also play a key role in winning new business and will have an understanding of the budget implications of your actions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
– Plan and implement impactful PR campaigns
– Monitor industry news and landscape including media influencers
– Develop and lead PR strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business objectives
– Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum
– Outstanding creative writing skills both “journalist quality” press releases and proposals
– Creating reports, analysing and evaluating PR campaigns
– Liaise with the client and act as key point of contact for all PR activities
– Sell ideas, promotions and features to clients and media
– Delegate to the account executive where required
– Supervise any PR activities undertaken by the AE
– Fully participate in brainstorms and create workable programmes for new business and existing clients
– Keep track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
– Identify new business opportunities
– Actively participate in new business development including proposal writing and presentations
– Maintain agreed client activity and budgets and alert the management team to any budget overspend/underspend
– Ensure all work is completed on time and within budget
– Ensure accurate invoicing for all clients
– Relevant degree (2:1) or above from respected university.
– Record of high academic achievement
– Good results at GCSE and A Level
– Professional qualifications from CIPR or similar
– Two years relevant experience in a B2B PR agency working across both B2B and B2C
– Responsibility for Account Management
– High level of writing skills and ability to adapt style for different audiences
– Excellent publicity skills, a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what makes a story
– Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
– Experience of delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception through to delivery
– Ability to build relationships internally and externally, at all levels
– Strong organisational and time management skills
– A self-starter, demonstrates the ability to work independently, whilst maintaining team role
– Strong administrative and project management skills
– Professional demeanour, sets a strong example to junior members of the team
– A thorough understanding of the value and importance of PR in the overall communications/marketing mix
– Ability to work to deadlines
– Strong presentation skills, presenting effectively without use of notes
– Strong financial and commercial awareness
– Coaching and mentoring skills
– Team building skills, the ability to foster good team relations
– High level of initiative and self-motivation with a desire to succeed and achieve
– Reliable, committed and organised with an ability to handle change easily
– Confident, self-aware, outgoing and empathetic
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 09.00 – 5.30 pm (37.5 hours a week)
Salary: negotiable dependent on experience
The candidate chosen will be working from our offices in Glossop. Glossop is mid-point between Manchester, Sheffield and Stockport. Approximately 30 minutes from Manchester by train.
Candidates will only be considered if they live within reasonable traveling distance of Glossop.