Manchester PR agency, Bird, is looking for an experienced Account Handler/Manager.
Now in its 24th year of business, Bird prides itself on making PR personal and is looking for the right person to join its friendly, hardworking team.
The successful candidate will be a team player, but also able to work on their own initiative. They will have good writing skills, excellent communication skills, a knowledge and understanding of social media, be highly organised and very personable. Ideally experienced in working in both B2B and B2C and able to create and implement PR campaigns and strategies for a varied range of clients.
Typical duties involve:
– Liaising on a daily basis with clients and media
– Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
– Media monitoring to identify potential PR opportunities for clients
– Working as part of a team to develop client proposals and implement PR activity
– Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
– Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
– Pitching/selling in news stories and features to the media
– Collating and evaluating media coverage – traditional and social media
– Organisation, promotion and management of press conferences, promotional activity, and other client events
– Assisting with the production of client publications, such as in-house magazines and e-news
– Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
– Other aspects of PR responsibilities including co-ordinating and managing photography, filming etc