We are looking for a PHP Backend Developer, with a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ commercial experience. The role will predominately be supporting the existing dev team with eventual progression to project-based work after the bedding-in period.
A keen interest and awareness of the industry, trends and emerging technologies will set you aside from others.
We are looking for someone who has experience and demonstrable knowledge in the following technologies and disciplines:
• At least one PHP MVC framework (Laravel is preferable)
• Object Oriented PHP
• MySQL – basic database design and implementation
• Strong HTML and CSS
As well as the above skills, we also ask that the applicant is able to demonstrate the following:
• Ability to understand a project specification, break it down into tasks, and then evolve this to well thought-out and solid solution.
• Be involved in a wide range of diverse projects at any given time.
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy a challenge.
• Be responsible accurately estimating the develop time to assist in the planning of project
• Be well organized, and able to structure your work in accordance with budgets and deadlines.
• Ability to problem solve and strategically thinking through projects and client needs to identifying ways of improvement that would help us and/or the client.
• Be keen and able to learn new technologies and be able to apply these to projects as applicable. (Training provided)
• Strong testing, code review, and analysis skills are essential.
The following skills, although not required, would be highly beneficial:
• Building of responsive websites using Twitter Bootstrap
• WordPress theme and plugin development
• Linux system administration
We offer an attractive salary, which is negotiable and dependent on candidate and experience.
• Company pension and benefits.
• Personal training allowance and development programme.
• Conference attendance and networking opportunities.
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Minimum 31 days holiday per year, with at least 3 reserved for Christmas to New Year.
• Flexible working hours to accommodate commuting
• A great office environment.
About Carpe Diem:
Carpe Diem is an award digital winning agency based just outside Warrington, Cheshire. Established in 1999, Carpe Diem has been ranked in the RAR Top 100 agencies in the UK and nominated for a wide selection of awards.
Carpe Diem began life as dedicated website design and development company.
Over the years we have extended our range of skills to become a true full service digital agency offering mobile, video, photography, SEO and more. Clients also benefit from our own in-house video and photography studio. For the vast majority of projects we also provide hosting, from our secure data centres in Manchester, and on going support and maintenance.
We work with a wide variety of companies, from small businesses to large multinational corporate clients, with the majority of our clients being small to medium enterprises. We have particular expertise in working with clients who are looking to develop their business and don’t just want an agency, but a partner to accompany them on the journey. We help to establish, evolve, and define their requirements to meet customer needs, applying our digital expertise to meet those needs and ensure that we deliver projects that do not just meet expectations, but exceed them.
Clients tell us that they choose Carpe Diem for our hard working, strategic thinking and the creative, problem solving approach that we apply to projects. Our passion to deliver successful projects, by understanding our clients needs and those of their customers has been at the heart of our approach and is embodied in our company mantra – “Its all about knowing that makes people click”.
Our offices are in a great location, in a brand new, state of the art office building in the town centre.
We are just a 2 minute walk from Warrington train station. We are also just off the M62 and M6 motorway, making it very convenient for traveling commuting to and from our offices daily.
You can rest assured that we are a stable, well-established business, with no debt and a proven track record of delivering solutions on time and on budget.