My client, a market leader within the utilities industry, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Online Communications Manager for 12 months to start 13th October 2014. Working 37 hours per week this role will be based at their Lingley Mere site in Warrington.
Salary: £35k+ – (day rate £153.43).
The purpose of this role is to manage the overarching strategy and development for the company’s online web presence and social channels and its day to day online activity. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Continued improvement of the company website to meet its vision of becoming a leading North West service provider
• Working with operational, IT teams and with external suppliers to plan, develop and deliver existing and new website functionality which fits the business strategy and meets targets
• Developing the company’s social media channels, monitoring and enhancement of the social media strategy
• Manager of an Online Communications Specialist
To be a success in this role the ideal candidate will:
• Have proven experience in website management, both management of online portfolio strategy and day to day
• Be of graduate calibre with professional qualifications in technology/digital/marketing/communications
• Have good experience of working with mobile, ecommerce and accessible websites
• Have experience and awareness of new digital and upcoming trends with an ability to champion and educate colleagues about digital content developments
• Act as a brand guardian, ensuring consistency across our online portfolio
• Experience in leading incident and crisis management communications
The following technical skills will also be required:
• Experience of web content management systems and web publishing tools
• Management of email marketing from concept to delivery
• Knowledge of AB testing and multivariate
• Proven skills and knowledge around Search Engine Optimisation
• Ability to analyse web performance and behavioural analytics to drive continual improvements
• Experience of HTML and Photoshop
The role holder will be expected to support the overall objectives of the corporate affairs department within which this role sits and support cross-functional activity as required. Occasionally the role will require some out of hours working, either due to planned work or an emergency where social/web will need to be managed and led by this role.
For further information and to apply for this role please email your CV across today to the email address provided.