Fast-growing North West copywriting agency Wordsworks is looking for an experienced copywriter to join the in-house team.
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years’ experience, either in an agency, client side, or as a freelance. Someone who, as well as being an excellent and versatile writer, has a strong understanding of the nuts and bolts of writing and can make an all-round contribution to the agency’s growth.
You’ll need a natural flair for writing and an ability to get to grips with sometimes complex topics, to create clear, engaging editorial across a range of disciplines. We’re based in Stockport but our client base is international. Clients come to us for everything from a few lines of direct mail copy to annual reports and white papers, and everything in between.
In particular, we work on a lot of long copy commissions – surveys, reports, articles, so you’ll need to be comfortable writing and structuring these types of more journalistic documents. We also do a lot of work in the professional and financial services sectors, so experience in writing for these industries is an advantage.
Part-time position a possibility – please enquire and state your preferred hours.
• Writing marketing material from scratch such as leaflets, emails, web pages and brochures
• Writing engagingly and coherently for ‘long copy’ documents, such as white papers, surveys, reports and case studies. Length may range from 400 or 500 words to 10,000+
• Editing pre-written material for clarity, style and tone
• Proofreading sometimes quite technical documents for accuracy, house style and tone.
• Managing projects from inception to sign off, including client feedback and amends. This includes tracking all time spent working on client projects
• Being a first point of contact for certain clients and being responsible for managing that relationship and workflow on a day-to-day basis
• Attending client meetings as and when required
• Occasional business development work, such as updating mailing lists and checking prospect contact details over the telephone
• Liaising with and managing freelancers
• Controlling/assessing the quality of freelanced projects
• Updating the Wordsworks website with blog posts, case studies, new pages
Skills and knowledge desired:
• 3-5+ years copywriting or journalism experience
• Excellent English grammar and a good vocabulary
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of MS Publisher an advantage
• Account management/business development experience
• Knowledge of SEO principles and practice
• Portfolio of B2B and B2C work across wide range of channels, online and in print
• Experience of writing/marketing for professional and financial services firms (e.g. law firms, accountants, insurers)
• Confidence and authority to advise clients on approaches to writing and communicating
• Ability to understand and clearly explain complex content
Salary and benefits ( Pro Rata )
£25k – £28k pro rata, depending on experience
up to 5 weeks’ paid holiday