We’re on the lookout for a Middleweight Copywriter to join our creative team, to start as soon as possible. Take a look at the job description below and get in touch if you think you fit the bill!
A copywriter with around 2-5 years’ experience and a proven track record of creating powerful, integrated (and ideally award-winning) campaigns. We will expect to see some big ideas in your book that have real persuasion and show a clear understanding of the audience they’re aimed at.
You should demonstrate (through your portfolio) that you know what a good idea looks like, and most importantly, what a good idea reads like and sounds like. You will have a proactive and ‘can do’ approach and will naturally apply yourself equally to every task. You should be comfortable working on copy and campaigns for traditional, digital and social media. You should passionately believe in creative excellence.
You should love crafting copy just as much as coming up with big ideas. You’ll understand the tenacity and diplomacy required to see an idea through from brief to completion, but at the same time be very approachable and easy to work with (arrogant, big egos are a no go at One).
This is a great opportunity for someone to work closely with our award-winning Creative Director to elevate the standard of the agency’s conceptual thinking and creative output.
• Exceptional copywriting skills for traditional, digital and social channels
• Experience working on a range of b2c and b2b accounts
• Track record of creative excellence
• Ability to understand creative strategy, target audiences and interpret complex information
• Great attention to detail
• Responsibility for copy checking and overseeing the agency’s written output
• Manage own time and output in accordance with deadline and budgetary requirements
• Flexibility and willingness to react to changing demands of the business
• Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Open and friendly personality
• Ability to work alone or within a team
• Present work to clients when required
• Work with other team members to identify and target award-winning ideas and campaigns with the aim of winning them
• A positive attitude towards learning new skills
• Knowledge of Adobe CC
About the agency
We may be writers, designers, creative directors, strategists, digital marketers, developers, PR experts or account managers, but in an environment of sharing and collaboration, we think as One. We are an integrated agency that passionately believes in creating the right mix of messages to make meaningful connections between brands, businesses and customers. We call it Connected Thinking and are doing it with clients like Franke, United Utilities, One Manchester and York Races.