Purpose of the Role
Branded3 require a mid-level .NET/Sitecore developer within its development team to deliver .NET and Sitecore based projects and solutions.
The role will include supporting and assisting in the planning and documentation (Functional and Technical specifications), architecting (Such as hosting, environments) for .NET based projects.
The role will include development (Hands-on coding) of websites, services and applications in an appropriate web technology (.NET) and or Sitecore, as well as data input, interface (HTML) development. These solutions may be part or all custom code-based development.
The role will require adherence to the processes outlined for the .NET eco-system for development, this includes source control, build, testing and deployment systems.
The role will include taking responsibility of .NET based tasks and workload, to ensure smooth delivery, this includes taking ownership the quality of work delivered within a project.
For ease of reading the terms “.NET” and “Sitecore” have been used as interchangeable terms throughout this document.
Skills and experience
The following is a list of skills and experience that are required for this role:
• Proven track record of delivering projects to time and budget
• At least two years commercial experience
• Passionate, self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience of following and supporting technical project documentation
• Enthusiasm and an interest in all things technology and Internet
• Sitecore Web Developer Certification
• Strong experience of .NET development
• Experience of object oriented programming / modular programming with .NET
• Front-end development HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
• Experience and understanding of web services and web service integration
• Experience and understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks.
• Experience and understanding of SQL syntax and implementation into SQL Server
• Awareness and familiar with Bootstrap or another grid-based CSS framework (Susy/Vanilla)
• Experience and understanding of GIT or another DVCs including branching methodologies
• Experience of .NET eco-system software and services including build, deployment and testing
• Experience of the full software development lifecycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification to testing and delivery
• Commercial experience in Web Application development and / or software development.
Typical project work
The following is a list of typical project work that will be expected as part of this role
• Sitecore CMS solutions
• .NET Web services / third party data integrations
• .NET Functional widgets / tools or components for websites
• Bespoke .NET campaign creation (Interactive quizzes/applications)
• Branded3 Internal Application development