Warrington Borough Council is an innovative and forward thinking local authority that is going through a period of fast-paced transformation as it seeks to continue to deliver first-class customer focussed services in a challenging financial climate. The council is seeking a Media Relations Officer to support this transformation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the Council’s media relations function to deliver a comprehensive media relations service as part of a wider communications team.
You will provide reputational advice to senior colleagues and elected members on a wide range of issues. You will work closely with teams and departments from across the organisation to enhance and protect the reputation of the council. You will display the necessary skills coupled with a natural facilitative approach to be an effective part of a high-performing team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and deliver a professional and proactive media relations service that maximises the benefits of social media channels
• Enhance and protect the reputation of the council and its brand
• Identify opportunities to use the full range of media channels to communicate the council’s key messages
• Create and foster opportunities to work with key internal teams, partner organisations, policy bodies and other stakeholders
• Provide media relations advice and support to colleagues across the organisation especially the executive board and elected members.
You will have:
• A track record of effective media relations experience
• Significant experience of working closely alongside communications colleagues from different disciplines
• Experience of delivering and monitoring social media activity and using video