Are you looking for a challenging new role that really is different every day?
National Museums Liverpool is recruiting for two Marketing Officers on a fixed-term basis to join its award-winning Marketing and Communications Team. We are looking for creative individuals to promote our eight museums and galleries, engaging three million visitors a year.
Every day is different, from working on a major exhibition to marketing a specific venue, and plenty in-between. You will cross both traditional and digital marketing areas to best meet the target audiences for your campaigns.
Reporting to the Marketing and Publications Manager, the roles offer a lot of creative scope and opportunity to use a variety of marketing techniques, while working as part of a strong, supportive team.
The roles are:
– 37.0 hours per week, fixed-term contract until 6 July 2018.
Marketing Officer (maternity cover),
– 29.6 hours per week, fixed-term until November 2017 or when the postholder returns, whichever is sooner.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 30 August.
Purpose of the role
To promote National Museums Liverpool and its museums and galleries, via marketing campaigns, both corporately and for specific exhibitions and events.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Marketing and Publications Manager, the post holder will:
• Devise marketing plans for venues, exhibitions and projects, and lead on specific campaigns and programmes.
• Support income generation by effectively marketing NML’s Trading and fundraising activities.
• Improve our digital engagement with visitors by contributing to the team’s social media output.
• Liaise with the research team to ensure campaigns are effectively targeted and evaluated.
• Effectively project-manage marketing campaigns and associated budgets.
• Liaise with colleagues in the press office and web team to ensure marketing campaigns are integrated with communication and digital plans.
• Assist in the development of departmental databases, supporting CRM and ensuring accurate and appropriate marketing applications.
• Monitor systems to ensure that promotional materials are targeted and distributed creatively and effectively.
• Monitor and contribute to other organisations’ websites such as Visit Liverpool, to promote NML’s venues, exhibitions and events.
• Promote the most positive image of National Museums Liverpool to key stakeholders.
• Maintain effective communications and working relationships between staff and other colleagues within the organisation.
• Maintain and initiate regular contact with external organisations across the arts, business and government communities to build on existing partnerships for mutual benefit, and to develop joint marketing initiatives.
• Enhance and maintain the profile and reputation of National Museums Liverpool regionally, nationally and internationally.
• Manage personal workload and keep accurate and complete records, files, budgets and evaluation reports.
• Deputise for the Marketing and Publications Manager and provide cover for colleagues within the team as required.
• Undertake other duties of a similar nature as may be required from time to time.
• Develop National Museums Liverpool’s commitment to Equality and Diversity and promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
• The post holder will be expected to show the highest level of integrity and confidentiality in the provision of these duties.
• Adhere to National Museums Liverpool’s Health and Safety, Access and Safeguarding policies and procedures, as well as other appropriate practices and guidelines.
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of being prepared. It is however, possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently, National Museums Liverpool will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.