In 1865 Marmaduke Matthews started practicing as an auctioneer and surveyor and in 1909 Alfred Goodman joined the partnership. In the intervening years, Matthews & Goodman has grown, modernised and flourished, and established itself as a highly regarded commercial property consultancy. Today it operates from offices in London’s West End and City, Liverpool and Manchester. The consultancy is owned by eight partners and has an overall staff of 90, evenly distributed between the four offices. Like many SMEs, we face the challenge of highlighting our USP in a crowded market and maintaining the consistency of our branding across established and new social media platforms.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced marketer to help us develop, manage and promote marketing activity in the Liverpool and Manchester offices, where they will be based. Working alongside the Marketing Department in London, their primary objectives will be to:
• Raise the profile of the firm in the north west market;
• Support business development activities of the local teams and execute specific marketing projects;
• Ensure high quality and consistency in application of the brand to all forms of printed and digital marketing material produced by the two offices;
• Develop social and traditional media platforms; and
• Assist the Head of Marketing in London with delivery of all corporate marketing activities on a national scale.
Main Duties and Tasks are to work closely with the Head of Marketing and Managers of the regional offices to:
• Build relationships with the trade and local media.
• Pursue all opportunities for production of press releases and submission of editorial copy to regional and national publications and monitor success.
• Oversee the production of all marketing material including case studies, team literature and property marketing particulars.
• Explore and lead opportunities for professional networking / relationship building.
• Organise corporate hospitality events: preparation, execution and follow up.
• Assist in the development of a social media strategy and management of the social media profile for the firm.
• Manage content on the website and the intranet.
Personal Skills should include:
• The ability to communicate confidently with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written language skills, with the ability to create interest for the listener / reader. A pedantic champion of good grammar.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience in setting up templates in Word and PowerPoint.
• A flair for design and presentation.
The candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience of working in marketing in a business to business environment. Knowledge of the property industry and / or professional services marketing is desirable but not essential.
Excellent Salary & Benefits Package