Are you looking for a marketing role with a growing and award-winning Manchester hospitality business? The Black Dog Ballroom and Liars Club Groups are looking for a talented and creative marketing executive to join their ever growing dynamic, young head office team in their city centre head quarters.
The BDB Group owns three venues across Manchester and The Liars Group also has three venues in the city.
More than just bars, Black Dog Ballroom prides itself on delivering quality, fun experiences for customers in unique and well designed environments.
Working alongside the venue management, corporate sales team and PR agency, the role, which will report to owner Ross Mackenzie and the PR director, is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Manchester’s most successful home grown businesses.
The role will be perfect for someone who enjoys Manchester’s bar and restaurant scene. They will champion the brand’s values and have a passion for creating marketing campaigns which will appeal to the group’s wide range of audiences. Each of the six venues has a unique position in the market and offers its customers something unique.
The successful candidate will show an understanding of these differences and have ideas as to how to communicate with the audiences from regular customers to corporate parties and students.
The marketing executive will work with the PR team and venue managers to keep the brands’ websites up to date, creating new copy on a weekly basis.
The team are also responsible for driving and managing events in the venues alongside the managers. These may vary from a student night in Xolo to a tasting event at Black Dog NQ or the Dog Bowl birthday party.
They also manage the business’s marketing materials, in particular flyers, posters and menus, through from the initial design brief to print and distribution both internally and externally. This requires attention to detail, creativity and the ability to work with a number of different areas of the company at one time ensuring that deadlines are always met.
About Black Dog Ballroom/ The Liars Group:
Black Dog Group and The Liars Group have seven venues.
– Black Dog NQ offers a NY Style Bar and Diner in the heart of the Northern Quarter. The venue boasts a great food menu, expertly created cocktail list, pool tables and a pin-code protected private member’s Ballroom.
– Near Oxford Road, Black Dog NWS, offers more NY style set over three floors with roof terrace, pool tables, bespoke karaoke booth and another Ballroom. The basement is home to Xolo, the Mexican themed, late night tequila den. Xolo has it’s own bar and drinks list, high spec sound system and entrance plus it can hold up to 600 people.
– Dog Bowl is a five lane, ten pin bowling venue with Tex-Mex restaurant and cocktail bar.
– The Liars Club is an award-winning Tiki Dive Bar.
– Cane & Grain offers Rum, Ribs, Bourbon & Beer in the heart of the Northern Quarter. The three floor venue boasts one of the city’s best cocktail lists in the all seated First Floor Bar and a tiki party haven known as The Liars Lounge on the second floor. Both are available for hire.
– Newest is Crazy Pedro’s Part Time Pizza Parlour which serves pizza by the slice and knock out cocktails with an American theme.