Newcastle College has a turnover of around £70 million and offers diverse academic and vocational courses ranging from entry level to post-graduate qualifications. Newcastle College is the largest HE provider in FE and one of the UK’s largest FE providers.
The post-holder will plan, oversee and manage the College’s events calendar that includes internal and external events aimed at our core target markets of 16-18 year olds, adults, higher education and employers. A priority will to be ensure events are engaging and delivered in a professional manner, with the visitor experience at the heart of what we do.
The post-holder will also work across the college to support the student recruitment and marketing activities of our academic schools, and commercial ventures on the delivery of marketing campaigns including advertising, online content, copywriting and producing a wide range of publications throughout the year.
1. To manage and co-ordinate the events function within the marketing team and lead on the requirements for each project to include where necessary list/attendee management, production of marketing collateral, display and AV requirements, advertising and promotion, sourcing of guest speakers, transport and set-up, catering, event hosting and overall budget management.
2. To liaise with academic schools to ensure their events requirements are met, including organisation of student award ceremonies, student conferences, and organisation of employer events.
3. To lead on the event management, set-up, and roll-out of college Open Evenings, Open Days, Summer Enrolment, cross-college events such as the Embracing Diversity awards and new building launches.
4. To manage the stand design, build, set-up and hosting of key recruitment and/or student retention events, including NE Skills and UCAS fairs.
5. To plan, oversee and manage various integrated marketing campaigns for the adult learner market and for our commercial outlets using both offline and online advertising channels, as and when required, including the budgets associated with those campaigns.
6. To undertake the writing, editing and proofing of marketing and event materials, including brochures, flyers, eshots, invitations, banner stands and commissioning new photography if required, and to manage the relevant production processes through our internal design studio and printers.
7. To book press ads, outdoor advertising and online advertising through the selected channels and suppliers.
8. To manage the website content for events on the college website, including the updating of content, writing and production of new content and building of campaign webpages using the website content management system.
9. To prepare content for online use on the college website or our social media platforms such as filming, editing and preparing student video case studies using packages such as iMovie, or FinalCut Pro.
10. Develop and maintain a variety of databases of enquiries, contacts, courses and information collected from/for marketing and other events.
11. Prepare documents using a variety of different sources and presentation methods e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, PowerPoint and Project Plan.
12. To work within the Student Recruitment and Marketing Team to provide a high quality marketing service to internal and external customers and assist with any additional advertising, marketing campaigns and events as required.
13. To manage own workload on a day-to-day basis in line with team objectives and assist with workload of others as required.
14. Deal confidently and effectively with a variety of telephone and personal enquiries (internal and external) and communicate accordingly with all members of the team.
15. Provide cover for Marketing Team staff as required.