RealtimeUK are currently looking to recruit a Lead Modeller who is creative, flexible and passionate in their approach to working in CG animation for games and broadcast. This is a supervisory/hands on role and you will be as proficient as a line manager as you are a 3D modeller. Liaising with the CG director and senior team on a daily basis, you will be able to assess each project’s requirements and guide the modelling team to submit to the pipeline assets which have achieved the required standard. You will be experienced in modelling hard and soft subject matter, practise efficient modelling processes, understand good topology for high resolution rendering, be able to find solutions to common problems and understand where to place detail based on the individual project requirements. You will have the ability of producing real world as well as stylised models together with amazing texturing. You will understand modelling using subdivision and adding appropriate detail with sculpting software. You must have the experience of leading and inspiring a team of modellers with mixed levels of skill and seniority as the quality of the final assets will be your responsibility. You will also have input into expansion of your modelling team and be responsible for input in their appraisal.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
• Experience of working within an active CG production team.
• An understanding of 3D in general enabling you to understand the
requirements and level of finish of the models you and your team will create.
• Lead and motivate a team of mixed skill levels.
• Possess exceptional communication skills.
• Ability to model hard and soft subject matter.
• Ability to produce real world models.
• Ability to work from a varied complexity of brief.
• Ability to express ideas within short time constraints.
• Be receptive to constructive criticism and learn from it.
• Ability to work within 3Ds Max / Maya
• Ability to work within Vray / Mental Ray / Brazil
• Ability to work within Photoshop / ZBrush
• Some skill in the following: matte painting, character rigging, sculpting in z brush/mudbox, maxscript/MEL
Based at: Manchester or Westby studio