A role in the content team will challenge even the most seasoned writers, and will incorporate writing, project management and peer review in an often high-pressure environment, meeting a number of deadlines on a day-to-day basis.
Our team members produce a diverse range of content, working closely with a number of other departments to provide high-quality articles, stories and projects that draw from the writer’s own individual strengths and abilities.
As with many other departments at Epiphany, our writers get the chance to propose, shape, research and create new ideas and campaigns for a diverse range of organisations, covering countless topics and projects.
What we need from you
Epiphany does not employ “SEO copywriters” or those who focus on volume over quality; we only hire those with the ability to write to a consistently high standard, and have a passion for this often-neglected skill.
While a good knowledge of a wide array of topics and styles of writing is very helpful, it is by no means necessary, as there will be plenty of chances to learn on the job, and from a team of highly-experienced writers and content creators.
Our junior members of staff will be supported and trained on the job by the head of content writing, as well as senior members of the team. The team focuses on every individual’s key strengths and weaknesses to help them write with confidence, whatever the project or deadline.
A diverse schedule
Naturally, anything with a major content focus is controlled entirely by the writers assigned to them. Only a very small handful of clients have a permanent content writer; 90% of clients are serviced by whoever wants to work on them, meaning all writers have an equal opportunity to try something new or different, with support given to them by senior writers to ensure quality fulfils and exceeds client expectations.
• On-page content for websites
• Content hub creation and direction
• Creative copy projects with our in-house design and web development teams
• Interactive article propositions and creative copy
• Blog planning and contributions, often fully operating these on behalf of our partners
• Sub-editing of peers’ work, as well as other departments’ reports
Other regular tasks:
• Press releases
• Competition copy
• White papers
• Carrying out research for clients and internal projects
• Blogger outreach content – invitations and email copy
• Client comment for online publications, e.g. Huffington Post, Daily Telegraph