Lime Pictures is looking for an IT Support Engineer to work at its Liverpool base although there will be regular travel to other sites including the London office as part of the role.
The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and Support to the IT and Production Support Manager. The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems, and Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related Hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
This is a permanent, full time, position reporting to the IT and Production Support Manager.
The team looks after IT operations across Lime’s productions. You will therefore work on the main programme brands which are Hollyoaks, Rockets Island, The Only Way Is Essex and Geordie Shore together with development work in connection with the Company’s drama, comedy, children’s, reality drama and factual development teams.
The successful candidate will be required to;
• Support, maintain and develop the Lime Pictures IT Help Desk
• Provide desktop and server support
• Manage backups and tape rotation
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues
• Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT and Production Support Manager
• Support and maintain Microsoft Servers, Desktops and Laptops
• Support and maintain Citrix XenServer Virtualisation Farm
• Set up and configure new laptops and desktops
• Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
• Ensure security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
• Antivirus management via McAfee EPO Server
• Completing internal user moves including phones
• Patching of network and phones
• Data and Voice infrastructure including LAN, switches, routers, hubs, telephone systems, CAT5 cabling, krone cabinets
• Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
• Set up and configure new core servers
• Install authorised software to core servers
• Ensure patches and upgrades are applied to core servers
• Fault-finding to core servers
• Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
• Ensure all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
• Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
• Maintain all IT related procedural documentation in accordance with standard operating procedure
• Set up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
• Provide support for MAC and PC
• Manage and maintain the Lime Pictures Active Directory & Group Policy
• Administer Juniper SSL-VPN for user remote access
• Work as part of an out of hours support rota
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Strong understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP routing, Network packet analysis tools use and configuration
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems
Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
• Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
• Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change
• Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
• Installation configurations in a complex network environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate with people of all technical abilities
• Ability to problem solve
• Accurately follow documented procedures
• Evidence of good organisational skills/ability to prioritise workload
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to use initiative
• Ability to work on own or as part of a team
• Ability to explain clearly problems and solutions in non-technical terms.
Good Working Knowledge of:
• Windows Operating Systems Server Administration, namely 2K, XP, Win7, 2K3, 2K8 Server, Microsoft SBS 2011 Premium Server, Linux. ISA and IIS Server.
• Working knowledge of Domain management tools.
• Working knowledge of Group Policy Management.
• Desktop/Server Build and Configuration
• MS Office suites, particularly 2010, and web browsing applications.
• Wireless Network installation/Administration and security.
• Working knowledge of security best-practice.
• Latest System Backup/Recovery Technologies, specifically Backup Exec.
• Working knowledge of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and associated anti-virus products.
• Knowledge of HP server architecture and management/maintenance procedures.
• Working knowledge of Apple MAC hardware and OS X.
• Working knowledge of mobile devices, such as Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry.
• Working knowledge of accountancy software packages, Opera & Sage