Lead iOS Developer
We are Award-Winning App developers and we are looking for a Lead iOS Developer to strengthen our team.
Appitized Ltd are extremely proud to be recognised as one of the top 10 Digital Leaders in the UK, and to have received numerous other awards such as the Clutch Top 10 UK App Developers and a MOMA Award. Our award-winning team works hard to deliver a wide range of exciting projects across a variety of businesses, from small start-ups to high profile global household names. We endeavour to push boundaries of creativity to enhance ours and our client’s ideas.
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented and creative iOS Developer to join our award-winning team working with our customers on a day-to-day basis. The role involves working with a broad range of organisations from large corporations to small start-ups to design iOS applications. Working in close collaboration with our Project Management and Business Analyst teams, you will work with the client to develop the brief and deliver outstanding projects to our customers. Within our organisation there will be opportunities to work on internal projects to help strengthen our brand, and advise the business on development best practice to ensure business success.
With your solid industry experience of developing for mobile and tablet devices, you will be able to provide a portfolio of high standard mobile applications to demonstrate your creative and technical ability. You will be keen to get involved in industry events and expand your knowledge, whilst leading and developing junior talent within the team. You will need to have at least 4 years’ commercial object-orientated development experience, and 3 years’ commercial experience in iOS mobile app development with demonstrable apps released on the Apple App Store. A positive, ‘can do’ attitude is a must as well as being a team player with flexibility when required.
What’s on offer
Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience), healthcare cash plan, childcare vouchers along with great location with parking, and close to rail & motorway networks. 35 hours a week, Monday – Friday with flexibility over work pattern. New offices with pool & ping-pong tables, regular team building activities and lots of fun!
Knowledge & Skills
• 4+ commercial object-orientated development experience.
• 3+ years commercial experience in iOS mobile app development with demonstrable apps released on the Apple App Store.
• Extensive knowledge of the iOS SDK, Xcode, Objective-C and C/C++.
• Extensive knowledge of Git/SVN and working in teams to deliver software
• A firm understanding of iOS programming paradigms and memory management.
• Strong knowledge of RESTful web services, XML and JSON data format.
• Excellent communication and Client-Facing skills
• Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Technically minded with the ability to understand the underlying server architecture and how it interacts with the application
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Well-rounded developer with more than just iOS experience
• Exposure to agile & test-driven development methodologies
• Experience and knowledge of Mac OSx and Photoshop
• Involved in all aspects of the app development process, working with the dedicated design and QA teams to design, develop and test the app
• Working alongside native iOS, Android and PHP developers
• Working to a well-defined app delivery process, supported by the project manager and business analysts to ensure that the app is delivered on time and on budget
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to manage own time
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must be self-motivated
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Able to pro-actively put forward ideas to improve business processes
• Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
• Team player with flexibility when required