Greater Manchester’s Business Growth Hub has a vacancy for an experienced individual who is passionate about business innovation, and has the skills and experience to lead and develop the delivery of high quality specialist innovation support services.
The role involves leading a team of innovation advisors with industrial or technology backgrounds who provide in-depth innovation advice services to business owners and senior managers of companies looking to invest in innovation and the development of new products, process or services. The team helps to identify market opportunities and diagnose barriers which may be holding back innovation and the exploitation of new technology or ideas. This includes providing practical support to find the best resources, expertise or funding required to achieve the businesses’ objectives.
From an industry background, and drawing on your own practical experience, you will work with a range of partners including Innovate UK, universities, research establishments and private sector specialists. Your main responsibilities will focus on driving business engagement and the development and delivery of services to encourage increased investment in research and innovation and to support collaboration across Greater Manchester and beyond.
The successful applicants will be well-established and confident individual, with significant experience in business innovation including research and development. Previous practical participation in the delivery of business support or consultancy services is also desirable.
• Sales and account management skills
• Experienced team manager
• Presentation skills, both written and oral
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Excellent management, planning, organisational and administrative skills
Knowledge / Experience
• Up-to-date sector and market knowledge
• Understanding of the different phases of innovation, from idea generation to exploitation
• Experience in an R&D environment or working at senior management or director level
• Managing business issues associated with innovation and periods of business growth
• Technical awareness and experience of the product development process and available technologies
• Experience of working as, or with, technical managers within a growth company
• Private/public sector experience of working to deliver innovation to meet customers’ needs
• Diagnosing business issues, providing advice and agreeing effective action plans.
For further details on the role and how to apply please visit: http://www.manchestergrowth.co.uk/jobs.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 22 January 2016
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.