This is a fantastic opportunity to join Amaze as our Head of SEO.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for the profitable growth of the Amaze SEO department through proposition development & rollout, SEO strategy definition for our tier 1 clients, overseeing of production operations, growth of our organic search client base through new business and retainer renewals, management and development of a team of organic search specialists.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Responsible for the development of our organic search proposition & roadmap that aligns with the overall Amaze 5 year business plan and harnesses key opportunities in the search marketplace. This will require collaboration with complimentary Amaze including PR, social, content, paid media, data intelligence, UX & technical teams.
• Identify new strategic organic search opportunities across the existing client base & be the lead organic search strategist for inbound new business opportunities
• Account management of key organic search clients
• Identifying future resourcing requirements based on market developments and workload capacity (supported by our Programme Management function).
• Ensure successful and profitable SEO projects through development and rollout of consistent practices within the SEO team and alignment to the Amaze Delivery Process
• Build relationships with our tier 1 technology partnerships to support successful SEO deployments including but not exclusively hybris, EPiServer, SDL Tridion, Adobe CQ.
• Day to day management and co-ordination of organic search team for SEO based projects as required and ensuring sustained profitability across designated SEO projects
• Update all allocated clients on major industry search developments as appropriate
• Ensure proper tracking mechanisms are implemented to ensure campaign “success metrics” are appropriately measured.
• Oversee campaign performance reports as appropriate
• Oversee recruitment of organic search staff alongside the Amaze Recruitment Manager
• Development of a knowledge sharing programme communicating key organic search developments to relevant Amaze teams including strategy & client services and delivery teams including social, content, tech and UX.
• Contribute to the Amaze blog and PR opportunities focusing on SEO topic areas and identifying article opportunities
• Develop a training induction programme for new SEO specialists
• Assist the Finance department with invoice reconciliation as necessary.
• Passionate and driven in all aspects of search! Constantly on top of the opportunities in the market.
• Highly commercial. Tailoring our organic search strategies to meet the client’s market and their goals.
• Strong and experienced communicator – it is vital that the individual is able to succinctly communicate both strategy and project specific initiatives effectively to both the internal Amaze team and to clients. Strength in powerpoint is a must.
• Team player – must be able to work well across a broader campaign team e.g. Amaze staff, client and wider agencies.
• Able to analyse data effectively to identify opportunities and trends to inform future strategies in particular on-site behaviour as a result of organic traffic. Ideally intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel including the use of pivot tables, custom sorted lists, vlookups and filtering.
• Ideally experienced across the following SEO tools – SearchMetrics, Deepcrawl, Linkrisk, SEMrush, Webmaster Tools, Majestic SEO, AHREFS, SEO Moz, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, Xenu
• Working knowledge on Video optimisation in particular YouTube as well as understanding the concepts behind appstore optimisation
• Minimum of 5 years direct SEO experience required