Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work for a nationally recognised consumer brand?
Do you have the experience, gravitas and all-round joie de vivre required to be a Head of Public Relations?
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and developing this high profile brands PR team, setting the strategy for communications and external reputation, helping to build trust in the brand from its customers, potential customers, and investors.
As a ‘Head of’, you will have primary responsibility for designing and implementing policies and programs to enhance the public reputation of the organisation, initiating programs that ensure the public’s understanding of the organisation’s goals and also its achievements!
Other responsibilities include developing, maintaining and enhancing the company’s corporate profile – through media and other necessary channels, working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and also a Corporate Comms agency, to advise on Investor Relations issues.
A little bit more…
As a Head of PR you would also be responsible for delivering public affairs campaigns too,
However this doesn’t include any responsibility for representing the organisation in any legislative or regulatory matters
Suitable candidates will have senior PR management role experience and will have worked with nationally recognised consumer brands, managing reputation and publicity issues. You will have a strong understanding of digital PR and experience of working on digital and social media PR campaigns as well as crisis/issues management experience.
Corporate Comms experience is desirable but not essential!
Further essential experience/skills:
• Bachelor Degree minimum
• Proven team management skills
• Proven media relationship management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication ability
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and issues at once
• Able to build internal networks with stakeholders, in order to gather information and build good relationships across the business
• Digital PR skills
• Demonstrable experience of promoting fresh thinking; capable of implementing new
concepts and bring them into the mainstream
• Experience in Blue chip, fast-paced consumer-oriented business with, additionally, strong retail / online / e-commerce experience, gained working on forward-thinking brands across a range of sectors including travel, leisure, telecoms etc.
• Inspirational, fresh, enthusiastic and keen to “push the envelope”
• Hands on; willing to be totally accountable and not hide behind structure or matrix
• Pragmatic, energetic and results orientated
• Communicates a “can do” attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviours
• Creative thinker
• Strategically minded
• Demonstrates bravery – is bold and initiates action, takes accountability
• Passionate and committed to making every day count
• Solution driven
• Maintains direction and focus through proactive planning and organised approaches to work
• Manages pressure well and copes well with setbacks
• Has excellent analytical skills and an ability to get to the heart of complex problems
• Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
• Demonstrates a strong customer orientation
• Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills