Amaze is looking for an experienced Delivery Director to oversee the delivery of our services across our UK, European, Middle East and evolving US Client base. This role will be responsible for managing our growing team of experienced Programme and Project Managers to lead, drive and resource multiple projects and programs to successful completion (on time, on budget, with high customer satisfaction and quality standards) while maintaining team billable utilisation targets. In addition, the Delivery Director will work closely with Client Services to support new business and account development plans.
This role is based out of Amaze’s Manchester office, with travel required to support our UK and overseas client base.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
– Reporting to the COO, you will hold responsibility for overall Project Management department and the development of the Project Management team
– Leading the Project Management Department, you will have a proven track record or demonstrated ability to lead and inspire as well as recruit / build a team of accomplished Programme / Project Managers
– Creating robust project plans and producing both top-down and bottom-up budgets that support the business and client interests – with clear identification and mitigation of project risks; validation of project deliverables
– Contribute to our ways of working by ensuring we are continually evolving our working practices across the business
– Encourage a culture within the Project Management department which is focused on learning and self development; with regular / structured career reviews and clear training / development plans
– Provide mentoring to the Project Management department to ensure exemplary customer satisfaction, whilst balancing delivery / commercial challenges
– Represent Project Management Department within the Senior Leadership Team and take an active role in managing risk across the totality of the delivery portfolio
– Monitors assessment of project CSF (critical success factors) for tracking, analysis and reporting, including probability and impact of potential project risks and recommends solutions
– Support the planning of new business, as well as existing programmes of work to ensure optimal efficiencies are achieved. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting the completion of request for proposals (RFPs)/budgets, attendance at chemistry and pitch meetings
– Manage the integration of new accounts within the business and ensure we are establishing the correct governance and controls to support building our reputation as a trusted partner
Competencies and skills required:
You love planning and delivering projects and have for some time been overseeing a large portfolio. Yet you have the ability to dive into the detail and quickly act when needed. You support your teams to ensure they successfully stay on track. You’re fun to work with, but have high standards and expect people to consistently deliver high quality work. You’re a natural communicator and consider 360 stakeholder management in everything you do. You love seeing your team develop and grow and stand beside them through the challenging, as well as the celebratory moments.
You’re able to review the following criteria and recognise yourself:
– A proven track record in successfully leading a £10M+ delivery portfolio within an agency / consulting environment to delivering leading edge digital solutions, including eCommerce, marketing activations and multi-lingual global design & build projects across a number of industry sectors
– Successful management skills: Mature management skills demonstrated by calm and thorough review of situations. Proactively identifies and or addresses problems. Seeks to understand all contributing factors. Proposes, implements, and evaluates appropriate solutions in a timely manner
– The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment with a proven ability to multi-task and interact with a large number of customers / projects
– Demonstrated experience leading and facilitating: Demonstrated leadership skills; successfully managed large project teams. Has conducted and implemented team success through clear articulation of goals and executions of a strategy to achieve success
– Develops and manages new and existing employees (mentoring, listening and evaluation skills): Develops and supports others to grow within a positive learning environment. Manages performance according to job specific requirements, project deliverables and overall performance within the scope
– Strong communication and presentation skills: Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships at all levels within the business and across our Clients. Ability to conduct effective presentations and be recognised as a highly proficient consultant
– Willingness to travel