Stickyeyes are looking for talented and enthusiastic applicants to lead their internal Design and Development team. The perfect candidate will have lots of experience in leading a skilled team of designers and developers, taking digital projects from initial concepts through to project completion.
Stickyeyes have a proven record in delivering award-winning, showcase-worthy creative campaigns and the role demands that this high standard is maintained and improved upon.
• Overseeing the seamless delivery of digital projects for our extensive client base
• Delegating the day-to-day responsibilities to the growing team of designers and developers
• Working closely with the Creative Director to produce creative concepts
• Collaborating with other departments within the companies to deliver projects.
• Maintaining a close network of creative talent and agencies, recruiting freelancers from these when necessary.
• Providing accurate timescales, quotes and specifications for web development projects
• Creating and delivering pitches for new creative projects
• Acting as the ‘quality gate’ for all output from the department
• Managing the schedules of all members of the team, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget
• Continually strive to improve the efficiency internal processes
• Run daily WIP meetings with the team, weekly catch-ups with the Creative Director and provide weekly and monthly reports to the Operations Director
• Meticulous attention to detail
• A genuine passion for digital, with a keen interest in emerging technologies
• Experience in delivering creative across multiple channels
• Lots of experience of agency life, working in fast-paced environments.
• Efficient problem solving skills as well as a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
• Manage, coach and develop the team
• Communicate regularly with team members to ensure clarity on current objectives
• Provide supervision and guidance to other team members
• Implement new internal procedures to improve productivity and efficiency
• Act as the main point of contact for all design and development related queries
• Enthusiastic, personable and approachable whilst striving for excellence in everything that you deliver
• Continually improve the creative standards of the work coming out of the D&D team
• A thorough understanding of UX best practice
• Complete fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Strong skills in UI/UX, typography, information architecture and responsive design
• An impressive portfolio of past projects
• Awareness of current design trends
• Experience in CSS/JS animation and interaction effects
• Appreciation of back-end development languages such as PHP and MySQL
• Understanding of the pros and cons of using plugins and frameworks
• Experience of working with SASS and version control systems like SVN