Fat Media has continued to get fatter since 2005. Our ranks have swelled from our original founders to almost 130 people today. We have recently taken a step back and looked at what we have built and we like it, it’s good… really good!
Fat Media’s success has been built on the consistently high quality of our creative work over the years, and we are now looking for an experienced senior design practitioner and team leader at the absolute top of their game to take on a prestigious creative leadership role within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have the perfect blend of cutting edge design skills across Digital, Brand, Print and UX; and excellent management and leadership skills to be the figurehead of a thriving, talented and very busy design studio full of creative specialists.
Great communication and client facing skills are a must, and an ability to get the best out of people through mentoring and critiquing work, whilst demanding and delivering work of the utmost quality across the whole team for Fat Media’s ever growing roster of national clients.
Reporting to the Production Director, this leadership role will bring all the challenges and rewards expected from being the creative head of a top 10 UK digital agency.
The Head of Design will be responsible for…
– Responsible for sustaining and raising the calibre of visual design across the business
– Providing art direction and inspiration to the entire team
– Ensuring the quality of all creative output is continually evaluated and improved
– Participating in key client meetings and creative presentations
– Your own ‘hands on’ project work as a great designer
– Ensuring operational liaison between Client Services, Development and all production units
– Helping to oversee resource levels against workload, considering individual’s talent and skills
– Work with Studio Manager to effectively manage resources effectively to control profitability of projects
– Understand budgets for the team and allocate appropriately
– Assess and identify training needs of the team considering the individuals’ personal objectives, career and growth
– Recruiting new talent to rejuvenate the team and encourage innovative and fresh designs
– Remain at the forefront of design and actively keep up with all the latest trends, ideas and technological changes
The Head of Design will need to be…
– Passionate and articulate for user experience and stunning digital design
– Experienced and skilled in brand strategy and execution
– An innovator in UI/UX techniques and trends
– Knowledgeable in all aspects of online and offline design including print
– Well organised, ability to be flexible, adaptive and comfortable working within a face-paced, multi-faceted environment
– Trustworthy, dependable problem solver & quick to learn
– Proven self starter with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
– An effective communicator
– Commercially aware of cost, time and required resource
– Motivating and experienced in managing a cross-discipline team
– Has an understanding and appreciation of the creative process within an agency
– Strong awareness of project management processes, principles and techniques
– Strong understanding of web development processes and methodologies
– A solid understanding of the complete project management lifecycle, from financial management to understanding the technical aspects of digital delivery
Why Fat Media?
– We have a really special culture here and being part of our team is more that just a job
– We have grown rapidly in the last year, getting fatter and fatter and we are showing no signs of slowing down
– We are constantly developing and implementing new exciting systems for our talent that make Fat Media a great place to work
– 33 days paid holidays (including public and bank holidays)
– Contributory Company Pension Scheme
– Free Breakfast
– Free Eye Tests and Annual Flu Jabs
– Free .co.uk domain and unlimited hosting space (for your personal projects)
– Regular social events including three staff parties a year
If you have any questions about the role please contact the Talent Team on 01524 548948. Please be aware that if you have not heard from us with 2 weeks of the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful. We receive a wealth of applications and therefore cannot reply to every applicant.