We’re looking for a Head of Design – a highly experienced graphic designer with exceptional creative and people skills and the proven ability to manage a team. The purpose of the role is to play a key part in driving the creative output of the company by supporting and line managing the graphic design team (currently seven strong). The Head of Design will also be a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), playing a part in improving the efficiency and profitability of the design team. The Head of Design will represent the creative team at SMT meetings.
The Head of Design will be line managed by the Managing Director and will work closely with the Head of Advocacy and the Production Manager, who will oversee the design scheduling, on a daily basis.
– You will be a graphic designer with at least six years of industry experience with a portfolio of high quality, creative work. As Head of Design you will be part of the wider design team delivering design solutions to a range of Creative Concern’s clients including print, digital and exhibition design.
– You will have the people skills and management experience to be able to support, nurture and guide a team. The role will entail managing designers with different levels of experience from graduates through to designers with 10+ years of experience.
– You will be a team player with the ability to assess situations from different perspectives before making important decisions. The role will entail providing support to both other designers and account managers (advocates) to find the right design solution.
– As a member of the Senior Management Team you will play an active part in the strategic management of the business, representing the interests of the design team and actively working to maximise the profitability and efficiency of delivering Creative Concern’s design services.
– You will be a confident presenter and will play an active and, on occasion, lead role in pulling together design proposals, delivering pitches to potential clients and advising on costings for brand and design services
– You will be responsible for undertaking regular reviews and ‘one-to-ones’ with the design team as well as leading on annual appraisals for individual team members
– You will support team members by identifying or suggesting training needs on an individual or team-wide basis to help the business and individuals meet the demands of a changing industry and improve our skills and efficiency.