As the Technical Lead on one of our most successful team, you’ll play a key role in the successful delivery of digital design and build projects. You’ll consult on design and development changes, assess technologies and code to a consistently high quality to ensure the software is aligned to client expectations and promotes confidence through excellence.
Reporting to the Technical Director, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
• Contribute to the design and innovation for award winning websites.
• Develop and pitch creative and/or technical concepts to internal and external audiences.
• .NET MVC code development using a CI build environment.
• Write effective documentation.
• Unit test code and ensure quality and performance metrics are met.
• Lead development activity and partake in build breakdown and estimation sessions.
• Ensure that the delivered websites are efficient, clean and meet the client expectations.
• Input to architectural changes and recommendations on continuous solution improvements.
• Lead the evolution of development and quality standards within the team.
• Keep up to date with the latest trends in web development and delivery.
• Lead and mentor the developers within a small delivery team.
• Strive to improve more junior developers through code reviews, pair programming and formal mentoring.
• Lead investigations into issues and problems. Work closely with the wider production team to identify the root cause. Report on findings and make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
• Creative background, with strong UI/UX skills.
• Experience of leading or managing delivery teams or development teams.
• Experience with NodeJS and NPM.
• Use of Grunt, Gulp or another automation tool.
• Experience with browser module management tooling such as Webpack or Browserify.
• Mobile-first responsive – hand coded as well as with frameworks.
• Expert and detailed knowledge of semantic HTML 5 and CSS 3 implemented across the usual popular devices and browsers.
• SASS and/or Less.
• Strong Microsoft stack experience (.NET with MVC framework/C# language).
• CMS system exposure such as EPiServer.
• SQL Server / NoSQL
• RESTful web services.
• Continuous Integration workflow including Unit Testing frameworks.
• Git or SVN source-control used in a CI environment such as Jenkins, Hudson or Team City.