We are on the hunt for a dynamic front-end designer/developer. You will have an eye for design and be fully up-to-speed with the latest in writing front-end code for multiple devices.
You will have a portfolio of clean semantic code and a desire to work for one of the fastest growing agencies in the North West.
We work to an object-orientated framework so experience with either Angular or React development frameworks would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will have agency experience with great multi-tasking skills, eye for detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for client side development of both legacy and new websites and will work closely with the in-house development team.
Furthermore you will be required to:
• Develop wireframes and front-end designs giving attention to the user experience
• Take wireframes and/or front-end designs into standards compliant code
• Work alongside the development teams to learn the latest trends and technologies
• Collaborate with the search team, project managers, designers, and other front-end and back-end developers to refine the user experience
• Undertake vigorous testing of all prototypes to ensure cross platform compatibility
• Stay up-to-date with new research, best practices, theories, and methodologies in user experience design and usability
• HTML5 CSS3
• OOCSS BEM – Semantic markup CSS Pre-processors (LESS / SASS)
• JS API Integration, (Google Maps, Twitter & Facebook)
• Experience with responsive methodologies
• Building for multiple devices, screen sizes, orientations
• Use of advance device features such as geolocation
• Knowledge of load / code optimisation
• Accessibility driven development
• Understanding of cross browser capabilities and limitations, graceful degradation, polyfills and shims
• Wireframing, low and high fidelity
• Cross Device Interface design
• Understanding of user centric design and usability issues
• Project time management