MC2 is a problem solving, creative powerhouse and strategic thinking agency; our office is based in the heart of Manchester with fantastic clients, supportive colleagues – and Ruby the labradoodle!
We are looking for an account executive with a ‘Think Big’ attitude to join our fantastic consumer brands team. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the UK’s biggest brands including Mondelez International (encompassing brands like Cadbury, Kenco, Philadelphia, Oreo and Dairylea), the North West Air Ambulance Charity, Krispy Kreme and Blackpool Tower and Dungeon.
– Researching, writing and gaining approval for the delivery of editorial requests, such as press releases, features and interviews.
– Liaising and building relationships with journalists and key contacts – selling in articles, enquiring about current features and responding to their requests in a prompt manner.
– Organising and attending events with the support of senior execs, such as press trips, consumer-facing events (sampling etc.)
– Supporting junior execs on their accounts and developing parts of the accounts they can manage.
– Giving PR support to the team including the administration of accounts (cuttings, coverage trackers, images, PR plans, meeting agendas, contact reports etc.)
– Researching info for clients/pitches (e.g. ad costs, competition costs, speaker opportunities, networking events, awards, forward features lists).
– Attending networking events and events held by MC2.
Abilities and Skills:
– Excellent written and spoken communication skills and a confident manner.
– Strong time management skills – ability to organise themselves, plan day / week.
– Results driven with a creative thought process.
– Strong research skills, with the ability to be proactive, anticipating what will be required.
– Quick to learn and able to research and read additional information around their area of expertise.
– Self starter who is keen to take responsibility for their own work and actions.
– Ambitious to learn and grow.
– Committed to excellence with a passion
– Competent with MS Office programs.
– Six months experience of working in a fast-paced agency environment.
– Experience of working to varying deadlines across multiple time pressures.
– Evidence of strong communication techniques.
– Knowledge of wider media.