We are currently recruiting for an Events Coordinator to head-up the delivery of events at Leeds Dock. The role will sit within the Leeds Dock place-making and management team. The vacancy is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and confident individual who wishes to showcase their creativity, skills and expertise within the field.
To work as an integral part of the Leeds Dock place-making and management team, delivering and managing a full programme of indoor and outdoor events and venue operations. This role will include working on the following types of activity: Community events, music events, cinema based events (indoor and outdoor), ice rinks, retailer events, conferences, exhibitions, experiential, pop up bar/food concessions, private bookings, charity and other events as required.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
• Oversee the delivery and management of event strategy, projects and budgets, pre, during and post event;
• Management of pro-active planning, communication and scheduling of a wide variety of events across Leeds Dock;
• Manage operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently;
• Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines with priorities on every event project that is managed;
• Prepare risk assessments, and ESMP’s/EMP’s for each event;
• Oversee development of event mobilisation and venue Information packs;
• Oversee the safe delivery of events and ensure event activity is all in accordance with health and safety requirements;
• Ensure excellent customer service and quality of delivery of our activity;
• Work closely with the Marketing, PR and Commercial team on each and every event to deliver a well thought out strategy across the site;
• Evaluate the performance of events and campaigns;
• Drive efficiency and performance across all events;
• Travel to onsite inspections and meetings as well as being required on site at each event;
• Conduct industry or site research and present this to the team accordingly;
• Drive commercial opportunities for all events where possible;
• Contribute to delivering event ideas and concepts for Leeds Dock and Leeds Dock tenants;
• Work with tenants on-site to produce footfall – driving and enlivening events;
• Working with external companies to deliver both ad-hoc and re-occurring events at Leeds Dock; and
• Local authority liaison / policy / council etc.
• At least 2 years’ experience in an Events Coordinator role;
• Good knowledge of event production for outdoor events;
• Experience of writing risk assessments and ESMP’s/EMP’s;
• Ability to manage a team of people on site;
• Experience of preparing site plans;
• Confident communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal);
• Good administrative and IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel);
• Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines;
• Excellent team player;
• Proficient in working in a fast paced environment; and
• A pro-active and can-do attitude, even when working under pressure.
• Personal License holder;
• SIA Badge holder;
• Capable at engaging with and communicating to a variety audiences through social media; and
• An understanding of commercialisation and selling space to brands.