SmartInsights.com is one of the largest UK-based digital marketing publishers and a high-growth online business, reaching a worldwide audience of over 350,000 unique visitors per month.
With 130,000 members across 80 countries, our revenue model is based primarily on our paid Expert member subscription service. Our members use our Templates, Ebooks and online courses to improve their digital marketing. We also offer content partnerships for advertising on site, bespoke consulting and training services.
After 5 years of phenomenal growth we’re expanding our team, and so are looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Executive who has 2-3 years digital marketing experience with good experience of delivering results from online PR and SEO to work in our Leeds office.
These are the main activities you will work on:
• Increasing awareness of Smart Insights using the full range of ethical link building techniques involving partner outreach and PR
• Helping define content marketing strategy and managing campaign and editorial calendar for creating new content assets like infographics, videos, reports, etc managing agencies to create them.
• Creating, commissioning and editing blog content alongside our blog editor.
• Managing our email marketing, including responsibility for weekly newsletter, content partner emails and campaigns and member communications.
• Defining and implementing the digital media strategy to identify new opportunities to drive visitor growth through innovative online marketing campaigns
• Managing and reviewing effectiveness of paid digital media campaigns including Google AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing marketing business and offers excellent prospects for career progression as part of a small but growing team.
This role gives the opportunity to work ‘hands-on’ for a leading online publisher learning about the latest tools and techniques in digital marketing. In developing and implementing our offsite marketing strategy you’ll also be able to work alongside and learn from Dr Dave Chaffey, a recognised digital marketing author and commentator.
Desired Skills and Experience
• You’ll be a marketing graduate – 2:1 or higher, with 2-3 years experience in a Digital Marketing role of a similar nature.
• You will have a practical experience of selecting and using digital media to drive visits to a sites, ideally for marketing or business-to-business related content
• You’ll have experience of using the full range of ethical link building techniques involving partner outreach and PR
• You’ll be able to write accurate, high quality copy to a high standard in line with our blogging style guidelines.
• You’ll be familiar with all of the social channels, and how businesses use them
• You won’t be afraid to ‘get your hands dirty’ by using tools and coding basic HTML for blog articles and email marketing.
• You’ll need to be focused, keen to develop practical digital marketing skills and be enthusiastic about contributing directly to the growth of the business
• You should have experience of online publishing through your marketing course, publishing your own blog or other relevant experience.