Job Title: Digital Growth Advisor (Ref: DGA4059)
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum
Based: Remote, Greater Manchester
Greater Manchester’s Business Growth Hub is looking for specialist Digital Growth Advisors to deliver high-quality specialist digital growth advice and digital transformation support. Assistance will be provided to a portfolio of ambitious business owners and senior managers of companies looking to improve business processes and products by utilising new technologies. The role will assess the needs of eligible businesses and will involve helping companies develop their digital growth strategies. Activities will include: handling enquiries from first eligibility checks through business growth assessments, to the implementation of agreed digital business growth plans and monitoring of outcomes. The role will need to develop and maintain the high standards necessary for delivery, developing those relationships needed to meet the needs of participating businesses, who will be supported as part of the Business Growth Hub operational plans and against milestones for business support.
You will have a real understanding of what it takes to run a growth business and can clearly demonstrate that you are a digital expert who can develop relationships, communicate to clients, managing a team and work with a range of delivery partners to get the job done.
This position will directly support the Digital Growth Manager in the development and strategy of the Digital growth Service, including existing and future contracts.
• An expert understanding of digital technology and the contribution it can make to a company’s growth potential Sales and account management skills
• A detailed understanding of the high speed broadband market and digital technology providers.
• Sales and account management skills
• Project management skills
• Presentation skills both written and oral
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Excellent planning, organisational and administrative skills
• Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Have and able to develop and maintain up-to-date digital sector and market knowledge
• Ability to identify opportunities and to be innovative
Qualifications / Experience
• At least degree level business education, or degree level qualification with a management body or the relevant business experience to match those
• Wide ranging business experience in the digital sector, including at a senior management level
• Proven track record in managing the range of business issues associated with periods of business growth, particularly related to the take up of digital technologies
• Experience of working as, or with, managers within a digital environment
• Proven track record in working effectively in a professional team/s
• Private/public sector experience of working with growth companies
• Proven track record in designing and delivering technology adoption plans to meet customers’ needs
• Professional experience and approach to managing and delivering business assessment, advice and development
• Practical experience of diagnosing business issues and agreeing effective strategic business action plans
• Account and CRM database management
• Commercial awareness
• An understanding of business support
• A deep understanding of the opportunities for adopting digital technologies and superfast/ultrafast broadband
• Understanding and experience of using project management techniques
• Technical knowledge in the key areas of innovation and finance
• Knowledge of budget and contract management practice, particularly with regard to ERDF/European and national government funding is desirable
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the NW Programme 2007 – 2013 and the Regional Growth Fund.