Amaze is looking for an experienced writer to join the communications team. We’re looking for someone who has done a couple of years at an agency with genuine flair for writing and is hungry to work on bigger, better, more imaginative briefs. You’ll need to be capable of working with many disciplines across the agency to create award winning content and campaigns both nationally and globally.
As a wizard with words you’ll spend your day maintaining an authentic tone of voice for many of our brands writing for the web and emails, producing guidelines and punchy headlines.
You’ll also have a knack for creative concepting for campaigns and be willing to work collaboratively with a mix of teams, sharing your wisdom as you go.
– Write, write, and write. You’ll be the main creator of copy for websites, emails and marketing materials for online and print.
– Create copy that makes the complex simple, elegant and lively.
– Generate and communicate imaginative ideas interestingly with character and wit; whether it’s a campaign idea or a three-line headline.
– Be an expert on tone of voice, setting best practices and guidelines that others can follow.
Requirements and skills:
– Native English speaker, or people often mistake you as one. Fluent in use of the English language with excellent grammar and a good vocabulary.
– With exceptional attention to detail, you should be able to proof your own work as well as that of others.
– Solid understanding of consumers’ interaction across multi channels and strength in adjusting content style based on the medium.
– Proven ability to evaluate and improve client communications; to be viewed as the expert on communicating a brand message.
– Ability to demystify complicated content to make it straightforward and easy to comprehend.
– A portfolio of experience of writing for both B2C and B2B sectors.
– A born collaborator with the ability to work with creative, user experience social media and marketing teams.
– Happy to be an influencer; to have an opinion and share it, persuasively.
– Fascinated and inquisitive about the world around you; bringing this currency out in your writing.
– 3+ years working in a creative marketing agency.
– Proven portfolio of outstanding project work across digital channels.
Skills that would be an advantage:
– Experience of writing for commerce.
– Capable of wordsmithing propositions.