Who are we?
We’re Split The Bills, an innovative and fun-loving company, here to revolutionise the way tenants, landlords and letting agents, living in and managing shared properties, setup, manage, pay and move their household utilities.
We’re looking for a quirky and creative copywriter to support the Communications Manager in delivering a consistent tone of voice and to ensure all communication is brand-enhancing and customer-focused.
What you’ll do:
• Craft engaging and compelling content for our website, support centre, emails, blogs, print based material and other appropriate channels
• Embody the ‘Split’ tone of voice in all communication.
• Translate complex, service-related jargon and educate our customers about the ins and outs of the world of bills.
• Support with our internal communications strategy. • Keep our contact database up-to-date to ensure all customers get the right info. • Work on a number of projects at the same time, in response to marketing briefs and communication work requests.
• Create content that supports and embodies our company values.
• Build effective working relationships with the Communications team and other departments.
• Ad Hoc administration stuff.
• Spot on communication skills, both on and off the page
• A strong creative flair and ability to craft awesome content in a flash
• Happy to get stuck in and fit in with our ‘Split’ culture
• A meticulous eye for detail and a strong understanding of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• A good sense of humour
• The ability to think creatively and strategically about content
• Copywriting experience is preferable, but we’d love to hear from you if you believe you have transferrable skills.
It’ll be nice if you have:
• Knowledge of HTML
• Good brew making skills
• Experience in a marketing/copywriting/content role or closely linked industries.
What we can do for you:
• Competitive salary
• Flexible hours
• 23 days holidays + Bank Holidays
• Free parking
• Unlimited tea and coffee
• Fundraising opportunities
• Gym membership offers
• High Street discounts
• Table Tennis battles
• Team nights out
• A cracking bunch of workmates
How to apply:
To be considered as an applicant, your application must comprise of the following:
1. Tell us in a tweet Explain why we should hire you in 140 characters or even a hashtag.
2. Flaunt it Tell us how you meet the ‘must haves’ and ‘nice to haves’ in the format of a blog post
3. A copy of your CV
Be creative. We’re after candidates who have the ability to think outside the box! Also, please include in your application your notice period and salary expectations.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 5th May.