Award-winning integrated digital agency McCann Connected is seeking an exceptional Content Specialist to join the Manchester office on a fixed term basis for 12 months.
Working closely with other content writers and the wider SEO team, you’ll be responsible for writing and planning content across a diverse range of sectors, including fashion, retail, travel and more.
But it’s not all agonising over the perfect sentence formulation or quibbling over the use of commas – you’ll also need to have creative flair as you’ll be involved with every stage of the creative process, from the initial ideas and planning stage right through to the final edit.
It goes without saying that you’ll need to be a grammar nerd – but we’re looking for more than that. As well as a passion for writing, our perfect wordsmith should also have an understanding of SEO and factors which influence high search rankings in Google.
As a Content Specialist, no two days are ever the same – and you’ll be someone who embraces this. You could be drafting tone of voice documents in the morning and completing content audits in the afternoon; leading a creative ideas session one day and producing the content the next.
You’ll also need to have:
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to communicate in a range of voices and styles
• Creative flair and thinking
• Good understanding of marketing and SEO
• Ability to effectively manage a high-volume workload, meeting tight deadlines
• Organisational and planning skills
• Ability to produce highly authoritative content that effectively communicates complex subject matter and acquires links and shares
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Degree, diploma or equivalent in English, Communications or Marketing
• 1-2 years’ experience, ideally from a marketing agency background
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits including flexible hours, free gym membership, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and an extra day off on your birthday!
If you like what you’ve read, let us know why you’re a perfect fit for the role.