Warrington Borough Council is an innovative and forward thinking local authority that is going through a period of fast-paced transformation as it seeks to continue deliver first-class customer focussed services in a challenging financial climate. The council is embracing the move to digital first and is seeking two Communications Officers to support this transformation.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the delivery of a proactive and responsive integrated communications activity that supports the communications strategy.
You will work closely with teams and departments from across the organisation to embed a communications culture and best practice. You will display the necessary integrated communications skills coupled with a natural facilitative approach to be a key part of a high-performing team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and deliver a professional and proactive integrated communications service that maximises the benefits of social media channels
• Enhance and protect the reputation of the council and its brand
• Effectively manage communications campaigns as agreed by the Communications & Media Manager
• Create and foster opportunities to work with key internal teams, partner organisations, policy bodies and other stakeholders
• Provide strategic advice and support to colleagues across the organisation especially the executive board and elected members when required.
You will have:
• A track record in delivering successful communications campaigns
• Significant social media campaign experience
• Proven and demonstrable skills in effective team working
• Ability to write press releases that support campaign activity to a good standard quickly
• The skills to shoot and edit simple video using a camera or smart phone