Warrington Borough Council is an innovative and forward thinking local authority that is going through a period of fast-paced transformation as it seeks to continue to deliver first-class customer focussed services in a challenging financial climate. The council is embracing the move to digital first and is seeking a Communications and Media Manager to support this transformation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the council’s communications strategy and to manage the delivery of a proactive and responsive communications and media relations service.
You will provide both strategic and operational advice to senior colleagues and elected members on reputational issues. You will work closely with teams and departments from across the organisation to embed a positive communications culture and best practice. You will display the necessary leadership and management skills coupled with a natural facilitative approach to develop a high-performing team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop and deliver a professional and proactive media relations service that maximises the benefits of social media channels
• Enhance and protect the reputation of the council and its brand through communications campaigns
• Effectively manage the communications function and its personnel
• Create and foster opportunities to work with key internal teams, partner organisations, policy bodies and other stakeholders
• Provide strategic advice and support to colleagues across the organisation especially the executive board and elected members.
You will have:
• A track record in successful communication strategy planning and delivery
• Significant media relations and integrated communications experience
• Proven and demonstrable skills in building effective teams
• Experience of delivering social media campaigns