The post will be based within the North West although location is to some extent flexible for the right candidate, with a base potentially available at offices in Warrington, Wigan, Preston or Blackpool. However, the post holder will be expected to travel within the entire North West region.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Communications Manager to drive forward the work of a new partnership aimed at improving the quality of bathing waters along the North West of England’s coastline. The new ‘Turning Tides’ partnership brings together a range of organisations, including the Environment Agency, United Utilities, local authorities and national charities, including Keep Britain Tidy and the Marine Conservation Society.
The partnership will tackle the challenge of improving both the quality and the perception of the region’s bathing waters, delivered through three core objectives:
- Inspire and change perceptions and values of key decision makers, the media, politicians, the private sector and the wider community
- Collaboratively strive to raise the quality of North West bathing waters
- Identify and raise awareness of funding streams for North West bathing water improvements
Working for Keep Britain Tidy, you’ll report to the partnership and support delivery of these objectives through development and delivery of a key strategic communication plan supporting the work of the partnership. Alongside this, you’ll also work with partners to pull together a regional behaviour change campaign aimed at improving the region’s beaches and bathing waters under the banner ‘Love My Beach’.
You’ll be an experienced communications professional, with direct experience of leading on, and delivering, communication programmes and campaigns in the public or private sector. You’ll have experience of using a range of print, broadcast and digital media and marketing tools, managing and engaging multiple stakeholders and a working knowledge of programme and project management.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Providing specialist advice, guidance and support to the Turning Tides Board
- Implementing systems and tools for assessing service delivery and operational performance
- Leading or supporting the implementation of Love My Beach campaigns to achieve well planned and managed integrated behaviour change solutions
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with internal and external partners, influencing their activities and promoting the Turning Tides objectives
This post is full-time, permanent.